Launch your legal career with an exciting and unique opportunity within an experienced and high-quality Property team based in Leeds city centre.
We are looking for an extremely driven and motivated individual, who is keen to learn and work with our close knit, hardworking (but supportive) and energetic team.
Duties & responsibilities
- dealing with file opening, including dealing with compliance matters;
- collating title information from the Land Registry and carrying out initial basic checks;
- assisting with collation of information and running of data rooms on large projects;
- carrying out property searches on acquisitions;
- drafting property documents to assist lead fee earners;
- assisting with preparation of reports and collating of relative information;
- scanning and management of data information;
- dealing with post-completion work including drafting of SDLT forms and Land Registry applications;
- undertaking general legal research;
- attending calls, meetings and events;
- managing an online diary system and use of Microsoft Outlook;
- communicating with clients effectively; and
- assisting fee earners generally with transaction and non-transactional work as necessary.
This is a full-time contract, Monday to Friday, with one day a week spent studying. Salary will be Real Living Wage, with 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays) and auto-enrolment on to our pension scheme after 3 months employment.
The Apprentice will be required to enrol on the two-year paralegal apprenticeship with BPP to start in September 2023. Further information can be found on BPP’s website here.
There is an opportunity for the right candidate to progress onto the Solicitor Level 7 Apprenticeship and qualify as a solicitor.
Minimum grades of:
- 5 x GCSEs at Grade 9-4/A*-C or above;
- 2 x A-Levels (or equivalent) at Grade 9-7/A-C or above.
Character & skills:
- Strong organisational and communicational skills;
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment;
- A flexible approach to duties;
- Good time management;
- The ability to prioritise effectively to ensure deadlines are met;
- Calm and professional at all times;
- Self-motivated; and
Please apply via the BPP website here.
Closing date for applications is 30 June 2023.