Day to day trading creates many legal issues for businesses and that’s why it’s essential that business owners and their management teams can access responsive, commercially astute support when negotiating contracts, protecting IP, trading online or handling personal data.
Contracting is at the heart of most businesses – getting the right terms in place with suppliers, partners and customers is key. Increasingly intellectual property and data are at the heart of many businesses. Ensuring that a business’s IP is properly protected is often critical. Effective exploitation through licensing, sales and collaborations can bring significant revenues, whilst the acquisition of external IP can strengthen and differentiate a business.
Similarly, technology plays a significant part in the success of most organisations, but its use and implementation often brings with it complex issues and, with the arrival of GDPR in 2018, the spotlight has been on businesses and their use and misuse of data.
Our experienced commercial team works closely with clients across a wide range of sectors and has a proven track record in contract, IP, technology and data law. Most of our commercial lawyers have worked in business and so understand the real value of truly commercial advice and the importance of always giving a view, not just options.
We can help you with:
- Standard terms and framework agreements
- Technology agreements including software licensing and IT procurement
- Exporting and importing
- IP strategy and audits
- IP protection, licensing and acquisitions
- R&D and collaborative projects
- Ecommerce and online trading
- Distribution, reselling and agency arrangements
- Data protection compliance and audits
- Data sharing, transfer and processing arrangements